Thursday, May 8, 2008

After MBBS going Abroad

Going Abroad
If you want to go abroad after MBBS, there are 5 options for doctors...
  1. USMLE: Well this is the best option . But getting a visa is very tough but NOT IMPOSSIBLE. Here are the short cuts-
    Avoid going to Madras & Bombay US Embassies, they are very strict here and once they see that u r a doc then they reject ur visa application rt away. (South Indians have to go to MAdras, but if you wait uptill midweek then you will see that all appintments will be full and they will refer u to
    delhi)
    Delhi & Calcutta are the best options. If you go there u will have an 80% chance of getting a visa.
    Never apply for an interview on the 1st 3 days of the week, but apply on the last 3 days.
    Never tell the embassy people that you have relatives staying in US. ( many believe that a relative in US can sponser their visa's but thats all crap)
    During the interview tell them that u have plans to work in australia or middle east. Don't ever tell them that u want to stay back in US, or that u want to come back here (as MLE/residency is not valid here).
    Keep this all to yourself. No point in telling everyone Then U will have no advantage.
    These are unwritten rules, but even if u follow it to the core, there r chances of ur visa application getting rejected, but my friends how followed it got visa'a100%.
  2. PLAB: PLAB without MRCP is like doing an extended internship. True for Indian standards, one earns more, but you end up spending a lot for food and accomadations there.
    Further once u start working then u find it hard to study for MRCP.
    After 8 years max, they will boot you out of UK and you will be MBBS in India, without any job or experience ( the only thing Plabees do in UK is the paper work- if any of ur friends have told you that they are treating patients, then its crap)
    A better alternative is taking MRCP-1 in INDIA and then taking up PLAB . MRCP-1 exams costs 30000 bucks while IELTS costs 8000 bucks.
    KAPLAIN Bangalore has started an MRCP trainig course for 6 months / its costs 20000 bucks. It makes sense to take the course.
    Don't take the MAHE -MRCP degree, its IRISH and has no value abroad.
  3. Australia and NewZealand: Working in NZ is the best option. They pay you 1 lakh US dollars to start with ( yearly offcourse) and there are only 276 doctors in NZ to date ( hard to believe but true).
    But one has to have an US or UK degree to work here and also they will have to pass their qualifying exams. ( theory & practs)
  4. Middle east: Good to make money and come back. Better if u have some additional degrees.
  5. Mauritius : They pay 40000 bucks (indian) per month for a duty doctor. So there are lot of other ways to go abroad.
Comments Invited...

38 comments:

Dr Siali said...

Thanx...i'll be contacting u vry soon.

Dr Siali said...

Thanx, I'll be contacting u vry soon.

vineet said...

hi iam dr.vineet . i completed my mbbs from deemed christian medical college ludhiana ,punjab ,india. i want to do pg abroad and settle there. wats the best option for me please guide.

vineet said...

hi iam dr.vineet . i completed my mbbs from deemed christian medical college ludhiana ,punjab ,india. i want to do pg abroad and settle there. wats the best option for me please guide.

vineet said...

hi iam dr. vineet i did my mbbs from christian medical college ludhiana punjab india. i want to do my pg abroad and settle there. please guide me with the best options i have.

BEST BLOG EVER said...

Helpful info bro

Anonymous said...

Thanks, for giving such a straight forward account. Never thought mauritious & middle east can be good options too!! thanks.

faizalagp2 said...

sir i m dr.faizal from india completed mbbs can i do mrcp with my mbbs degree r do i need any additional qualification like md medicine , md chest medicine etc plz give your opinion

Anonymous said...

HI I'M Dr.SHASHANK,DOING MY INTERNSHIP FROM BHARTI VIDYAPEETH UNIVERSITY,PUNE.
WANTED TO KNOW MBA OPTIONS AFTER MBBS,IN INDIA OR ABROAD.
AND ALSO WHAT IS THE FUTURE ONCE YOU ARE AN MBA. THNAK YOU.
MY MAIL ID IS sdp797@yahoo.in

Anonymous said...

HI I'M Dr.SHASHANK,DOING MY INTERNSHIP FROM BHARTI VIDYAPEETH UNIVERSITY,PUNE.
WANTED TO KNOW MBA OPTIONS AFTER MBBS,IN INDIA OR ABROAD.
AND ALSO WHAT IS THE FUTURE ONCE YOU ARE AN MBA. THNAK YOU.
MY MAIL ID IS sdp797@yahoo.in

Anonymous said...

hi im dr.maria......im in 3rd year mbbs n lookng forward 2 go for pg in abroad.... wil u plz guide me?

Anonymous said...

hi im dr.maria......im in 3rd year mbbs n lookng forward 2 go for pg in abroad.... wil u plz guide me?

Unknown said...

A very informative indeed...sir am doing my internship from a pvt. Clg . I resides in delhi . I want to know easiest way to go abroad. Which one are easy to crack usmle or aippg...?
What are the options for middle east. Do they recognize indian degrees. Tell me more abt how to get in to practise in mauritius

Anonymous said...

A very informative indeed...sir am doing my internship from a pvt. Clg . I resides in delhi . I want to know easiest way to go abroad. Which one are easy to crack usmle or aippg...?
What are the options for middle east. Do they recognize indian degrees. Tell me more abt how to get in to practise in mauritius

Anonymous said...

A very informative indeed...sir am doing my internship from a pvt. Clg . I resides in delhi . I want to know easiest way to go abroad. Which one are easy to crack usmle or aippg...?
What are the options for middle east. Do they recognize indian degrees. Tell me more abt how to get in to practise in mauritius

Anonymous said...

A very informative indeed...sir am doing my internship from a pvt. Clg . I resides in delhi . I want to know easiest way to go abroad. Which one are easy to crack usmle or aippg...?
What are the options for middle east. Do they recognize indian degrees. Tell me more abt how to get in to practise in mauritius

Anonymous said...

Hi!! i am doing my intership nw from a well knwn medical glc in south india.. i wanted to knw are there any options of doing MD/MS in New Zealand after MBBS in India?? if yes then what r the requirements & test that we have to write or appear for??

Anonymous said...

hi dr.atul......myself mr.john doing mbbs 3rd year at fr.muller medical college in manglore. ive flunkd all three subjects in first year,passed all 3 n 2nd attempt...same n 2nd year too...passd n 2nd attempt....am a lazy guy n al bt i know i can do much much better...am from a not so rich family...looking forward to making money,going abroad...need your help with that..i wanna seriously start preparing for those exams from now itself. so please mail me the details if possible-(ed_005@yahoo.com)

Anonymous said...

Myself pranab. Doing intnship at a pvt a medical college..
I want to know the best possible way to study abroad and want to work for a while. Also, i wish to know weather indian pgs are recognized in middle east. I later wish to settle in middle east and what are the job oppurtunities at the latter.
My id drpranabjain@yahoo.com
Am thnkful To u if u kndly help me out

Anonymous said...

Myself pranab. Doing intnship at a pvt a medical college..
I want to know the best possible way to study abroad and want to work for a while. Also, i wish to know weather indian pgs are recognized in middle east. I later wish to settle in middle east and what are the job oppurtunities at the latter.
My id drpranabjain@yahoo.com
Am thnkful To u if u kndly help me out

tony said...

thanks doc :)

shraddha pawar said...

hi i am dr shraddha .i have done my mbbs from gmc miraj and doing my dcp in bjmc pune both in maharashtra .i live in mumbai.my wud be husband is a green card holder in us.i cant go on a dependent visa but i need to get an f1.can u tell me sum options to do that other than usmle? what about mph? i am especially interested in mba .plz help.my email id is maggie171084@gmail.com.thx

shraddha pawar said...

hi i am dr shraddha pawar.did my mbbs from gmc miraj and doing my dcp in bjmc pune both in maharashtra. i live in mumbai.i need to go to us as my wud be hubby is a green card holder there.but i cant go on a dependent visa. i need to have f1.so can u plz tell me about mba or mph options??????i am not interested in usmle.plz help.my email id is maggie171084@ gmail.com.thx

Sandeep Naspuri said...

hi im dr.sandeep frm india... i completed my mbbs... im looking to do my pg in abroad ...plz guide me...

nancy said...

hi this is nancy from from chandigarh.i have completed my mbbs from a private college.i want to the corsesi can join in canada ?
my id is nancygupta90@yahoo.co.in
please guide me

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the whole execise of the exam is worth it .....see www.mrcpexam.com

Anonymous said...

thankyou sir,
I am ajmal from kerala.i completed mbbs from govt medical college Calicut .can I do mrcp directly now.is it need any post graduate degree.or can I do pg in western cntrs.pls help me,my mail id is drajmalsha@gmail.com

AskRameez said...

Dear Sir,
What are the benefits (OR) what will happen after passing the MRCP??????

wanchu said...

Dear Doc, m graduated MBBS from Russia,is there possibilities for working there or russia aint recognise ..
Please guide me ..thank u

priya bangari said...

hi..
actually presently i am doing mbbs from nepal and want to go to abroad for higher course but through scholarship.
please let me know what are the scholarship programs so that i can go with a less amount of fees.

priya

priya bangari said...

hi..
actually presently i am doing mbbs from nepal and want to go to abroad for higher course but through scholarship.
please let me know what are the scholarship programs so that i can go with a less amount of fees.

priya

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have completed my MBBS , DA from AP. Can u pls tel me wat career options I can have in switzerland.. my mail id is aisha.aashu @gmail.com

Anonymous said...

can usmle be given after completing internship... n can i study staying wit my sis ovr there

Anonymous said...

I am studying MBBS in govt medical college(Maharashtra) I want to study abroad and complete my post graduation in genetics field...what kind of options of are available for me ?

prem said...

Plzz sugesst me i want to work in aus nz
Permanently,,mbbs doc from mumbai university

Manisha Tripathi said...

hello sir.i am dr.Manisha.i have completed my MBBS from india.now i want to settle in abroad soon..what would be the best option for me?
please guide me.
thanx

Anonymous said...

hello sir.i am dr. manisha.i have completed my MBBS from bareilly india.now i want to settle in abroad for study and job purposes.please guide me.
thanx

Anonymous said...

hey i m dr. poonam
i have done my mbbs from orenburg state medical academy russia
i want to shift in australia or canada ....
so just advise me how to shift overthere nd can i get a good package ...
my email id
poonamrani501@ymail.com